moonstone, malifeki and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Top Bloke
  • Rated: +472
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Mar 26, 01:00 AM 2020
should we destroy the economy over that?

Initially, I said NO.

I believe the correct answer is YES.

Because:

1. If the financial system is so fragile, it's shit. And it needs to change. Although the changes that are going to be pushed on us wont be what most of us need. But most of us wont see or understand the other options.

2. Lives and people's welfare are more important than finances. Your lives and welfare should not be about how much money you have, should it? There's a problem with the system itself. People are never going to make required changes until they're in a corner.

It is going to be hell for many people. But in the longer term, the changes will be positive. For some time before that, it's going to be shit.

RG your question is what many people are asking themselves. But I think it's the wrong question. The real question is why does a virus destroy global finances?

Steve

• Administrator
  • Top Bloke
Mar 26, 01:04 AM 2020
I predict at the end of all the carnage, the people attempting to capitalize on the crisis will have it backfire. People will become more self-sufficient.

ati

• 500+ posts Member
  • Roulette Forum .cc | Lurker
  • Rated: +53
Mar 26, 05:04 AM 2020
All the small businesses, restaurants, gyms, barber shop, etc etc are going to fold...America is failing right now

I'm sorry to hear about your situation RG.

To think positively, I think this whole situation is just temporary. So all the small businesses that had to close their doors, will be able to reopen within months. Because as soon as the virus disappears, the demand for restaurants, barber shops, travel agencies etc. will skyrocket.

Winner

• 500+ posts Member
  • Rated: +50
Mar 26, 07:56 AM 2020
I predict at the end of all the carnage, the people attempting to capitalize on the crisis will have it backfire. People will become more self-sufficient.
👍🏼

ati

• 500+ posts Member
  • Roulette Forum .cc | Lurker
  • Rated: +53
Mar 26, 04:56 PM 2020
The USA now has more cases than China. This looks bad.  :-\

With the pace they are going, they will likely have over 200K infected in a week, and they have a quarter of the population of China. Probably this is why other countries like India were willing to order a curfew of over 1 billion people with less than a thousand cases.

Off course we can only assume that the Chinese numbers are true. They were introducing very strict measures, but their success of controlling the virus is still suspicious.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Top Bloke
Mar 26, 05:12 PM 2020
I think we're still about 3 weeks from the peak growth rate. Its still accelerating.

Logical life

• Rated: 0
Yesterday at 09:49 PM
Stay safe everyone..

Popular pages: